29 May, 2012

Jackie Chan retires from Action films

Yiu Mo Gwai Gwaai Fai Di Zao
When I first read the story that Jackie Chan was set to retire from Action films I was devastated, I didn't want to believe it in all honesty the man is one of my heroes. I grew up watching his films, an I especially loved during the credits when they would show him failing his stunts or even more comical when his English fails. This is starting to sound like an obituary, but in all honesty with him announcing his retirement from Action films it is like we have lost one of the greatest stars of the past 40 years.  

"While doing press for his film Chinese Zodiac, The Telegraph reports that it will mark his final film in the action genre. He added that, “the world is too violent right now. It’s a dilemma – I like action but I don’t like violence.” Chan will begin to shift to more serious roles, saying he desires to be “an Asian Robert De Niro.”"

Can't really judge the man for moving away from action to do more dramatic roles, he is 58 an has been throwing his body off building and many more other insane stunts for the past 40 years starring in over 100 films.

No comments:

Post a Comment